TrickPlay is a set of TiVo features, including play, fast forward, instant replay, and rewind that allows you to take control of the playback of live TV.
- Play: Press to continue watching the show, to return or resume to normal speed after rewinding or fast-forwarding
- Pause: Press to pause live TV for up to 30 minutes
- Rewind: pressing rewind the second time to rewind faster, press the third time to go at triple speed
- Fast Forward:
- Advance a recorded show at a higher pace
- Press it up to three times for three speeds
- Press it a fourth time to resume playing
Note: Fast forward and Rewind speeds have three levels: 3x, 20x, and 60x the speed of normal TV
- Instant Replay: press replay to repeat the last eight seconds of a show
- Slow Motion: plays at one-fifth real time
- Instantly move forward skips ahead 30 seconds
- Jump to the end or the beginning of the show you are watching in Live TV if you hold the button for two seconds
Note: TrickPlay control can be used in mobile.
HOW TO USE TRICKPLAY BUTTONS ON THE TIVO REMOTE?
The Pause Circle
Below the Navigation Circle are a few more buttons and the central Pause Circle. At the center of this circle is the PAUSE button, which has a slightly hollowed, concave shape. Press PAUSE to pause whatever is playing. Live TV, streaming shows, or recordings – all pause with the touch of this button
The circle around the PAUSE button has other ways of controlling playback
- At the top of the circle is the PLAY button
- The right of the circle is the FAST FORWARD button
- The left of the circle is the REWIND button
- The bottom of the circle is the SLOW button
REPLAY and ADVANCE
Below the Pause Circle, just above the Letter Buttons, are the REPLAY and ADVANCE buttons.
On the left, above the A button, is the REPLAY button. Press REPLAY to repeat the last eight seconds of a show. Press and hold REPLAY to jump to the beginning of a show.
On the right, above the D button, is the ADVANCE button. Press ADVANCE to move forward in 30-second increments. Press and hold ADVANCE to jump to the end of the show. Or, if you’re fast-forwarding or rewinding, you can press ADVANCE to move to the next tick mark in the Status Bar.