MetroNet is partnering with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to help families who are struggling financially due to COVID-19. The Emergency Broadband Benefits Program (EBBP) is designed to subsidize broadband costs for qualifying households during the pandemic and is available for a limited time.
The program was established by Congress as part of the most recent COVID-19 relief bill. Here are the details:
Starting May 12 - You may be eligible for up to $50 off your internet service!
MetroNet is committed to supporting our communities and keeping everyone connected through our fast, fiber internet. We are proud to support the Federal Communications Commission’s Emergency Broadband Benefit Program (EBBP), a temporary benefit designed to subsidize broadband costs for qualifying households. Learn more at www.MetroNetInc.com/EBBP.
MetroNet is offering the EBBP in the following states:
Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, and Ohio
How much is the benefit?
Eligible households will receive a credit of up to $50 off their broadband service, only one benefit is available per household.
How long does the program last?
EBBP is a temporary program that expires when funds are exhausted or six months after the Department of Health and Human Services declares the end of the COVID 19 health emergency (whichever comes first).
Who is eligible for the EBBP?
Customers can check to see if they qualify at GetEmergencyBroadband. One member of the household must meet one of the following to participate:
- Qualify for the FCC’s Lifeline program (an initiative that provides discounts on telephone and broadband service), including those who are on Medicaid or receive SNAP benefits.
- Approved for the free or reduced-price school breakfast/lunch program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision.
- Experienced substantial documented loss of income since February 29, 2020, with total household income below $99K for single filers and $198K for joint filers.
- Received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
HOW TO ENROLL IN EBBP:
Step 1: Apply
You can apply for the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program online or by mail when the program opens on May 12.
- Online: For the fastest reply, use the online application (available in English and Spanish). Copy and paste the following link in a browser to get started: Lifeline Verifier
- By Mail: You can print an application in English or Spanish (instructions also available in 8 additional languages). Complete the application and send with proof of eligibility to Emergency Broadband Support Center, P.O. Box 7081, London, KY 40742
Step 2: Enroll:
Once you have been approved and receive your Verification Number, contact our MetroNet EBBP support
team directly at 855 806 7324 to get your EBB Program credit applied. You will need your verification number for our agents to enter to start the process.