No, a Smart TV connects to the Internet to get a signal for your movies and TV shows. A streaming media player, such as a Fire TV Stick, TiVo Streaming Stick, or Apple TV works similarly and can make a regular TV work as a Smart TV for under $50.
Articles in this section
- What is streaming video?
- Can someone help me get my streaming device set up?
- How can I get help moving to streaming video?
- How do I find what streaming services have my favorite shows?
- If I buy a streaming device (such as a Fire TV Stick, TiVo streaming device, etc.), is that a one-time cost or do I have to pay annually?
- Can I use a streaming media player with an older TV?
- Do I need a separate streaming media player for each of my TVs?
- Do I need cable or satellite service to use a streaming media player?
- Do I need a Smart TV to stream video?
- Do I need internet service to stream video?