Starting February 22nd, Metronet standard and preferred television lineup customers will have access to the Marquee Sports Network - the new television home of the Chicago Cubs. See below for FAQs related to the addition of this network. Go Cubs Go!
“Do you carry Marquee Sports Network (and/or Chicago Cubs)?”
- Yes, we do. We are excited to carry Marquee Sports Network which is the new television home of the Chicago Cubs. Starting on February 22nd, you will be able to watch the first spring training game against the Oakland Athletics.
“Will I be able to watch the Cubs on an app?”
- Yes, you can. You will be able to live stream the network 24/7, including live games and additional Cubs content. To access, download the Marquee Sports Network app on a Smart TV/mobile device and sign in with your service provider login information.
“Is it on the air 24 hours a day?”
- Yes, Marquee Sports Network will be a 24 hour a day, 7 days per week channel.
“What types of programming will be featured?”
- Marquee Sports Network will include programming such as extensive pre and post-game analysis, Spring Training games, weekly highlight reels/top plays, classic Cubs games, “Cubumentaries”, and more. See below for more details.
- Chicago Cubs Baseball – Marquee Sports Network is proud to televise all spring training games and 150 live regular-season games of one of the most historic franchises in sports history: the Chicago Cubs.
- Pre & Post-Game Coverage – Live shows before and after the live Cubs game each day which include extensive analysis, warmup shots, highlights, stats, social media segments, and more.
- Best of Cubs Convention – An hour-long special that highlights the best of the Cubs Convention. Marquee Sports Network will recap discussion panels, auctions, Cubs bingo, kids press conference and more.
- Cubs 162 – A monthly show with behind-the-scenes access following the Cubs through the 2020 season.
- Cubs 360 – A roundtable-style show discussing all things Cubs.
- Cubs Classics – Replays of classic games curated from the vast library of games that exist in the storied history of the beloved franchise. Memories that will be brought back to life when they are hosted by a collection of Cubs alumni and celebrity “superfans”.
- Cubs Legends - An in-depth and unique look at memorable figures throughout Cubs history.
- Cubs Countdown – Top moments are voted on by fans and showcased in a 60-minute series produced by MLB Network. Topics include best all-time games, Wrigley moments, & top calls (every 1-2 weeks).
- Let's Play Two! - A weekly recap of all things MLB with a focus on the Cubs produced by MLB Network.
- Marquee Debut – An introduction to Chicago’s new home of the Cubs, Marquee Sports Network.
- Marquee Sports Network Films Presents – This arc will encompass a series of documentaries on Cubs players and historic events that dot the Cubs' enormous history.
- The Sports Reporters – A roundtable-style show that will air weekly featuring sports insiders and Cubs players from all different eras that will discuss an array of baseball-related topics.
- The Ryan Dempster Show – A monthly format featuring Ryan Dempster and a collection of celebrity guests, inspired by his performances at Cubs Convention – a humorous, personality-driven look at the Cubs and sports in general.
*Show titles are working titles and subject to change*
Where can I find out more information?”
- You can visit the Marquee Sports Network website: www.getmarqueesportsnetwork.com, opt-in to receive email updates, and follow them on social media (@watchmarquee - Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter) for live updates.
“Will Marquee Sports Network have every Cubs game?”
- Marquee Sports Network will have approximately 150 games - all games but those selected as national broadcast games by MLB (shown on ESPN or FOX) and subject to certain other MLB restrictions.
“How can I access Cubs games if I am not in coverage territory?”
- If out of Cubs broadcast territory, you will watch the games via MLB At Bat which is a subscription-based app you can download on your smart TV or mobile device.
“How much will it cost/what package is it on?”
- Marquee Sports Network will be featured on the standard and preferred channel lineups and will be built into your provider subscription. For more information call 1-877-407-3224.
“What channel is Marquee Sports Network on?”
- See below for MetroNet market availability and channel information.
“When I go on the Marquee Sports Network website it says I am within Cubs broadcast territory, however, it says MetroNet does not cover my area. Do I have access to Marquee Sports Network or not?”
- While your home may be located within Cubs broadcast territory, each provider offers Marquee Sports Network on a zip code by zip code basis. If the network is not available in your specific zip code, reach out and request it at 1-877-407-3224.