Search by show title, episode title, show description, or person name (actor, director, etc.). The TiVo service searches upcoming TV shows and movies, streaming videos (from sources like Netflix), and Video On Demand all at the same time. You can even search for a particular channel by its network name or call sign (e.g., NBC or ESPN).
While viewing any TiVo menu or watching TV, press and release the Google Assistant button on the remote.
- Speak naturally into the remote. Say a title, actor, or keyword and look for results to be displayed on top of the TiVo menus.
- From the Home screen, select Search.
- Use the letter grid to spell out the title, person, or word you’re looking for. Press the arrow buttons to move around, then SELECT on each letter you want. As you select letters, a list of possible matches sorted by popularity appears on the right. For example, if you enter the letters HOW, you might see matches for the TV show “How I Met Your Mother,” the Video On Demand movie “How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days,” and the director Ron Howard. Results are sorted by popularity, with better matches higher in the list.
- Keep selecting letters until you see what you’re searching for. If you make a mistake, you can press REWIND to erase one letter at a time. Insert a space by pressing FAST FORWARD.
- Use the RIGHT arrow to highlight the show or person's name.
- Press SELECT to view details, set up a recording or OnePass, or bookmark the show.