Effective March 21, 2022, Metronet will be
discontinuing the Metronet Defense product.
When Banking Protection is turned on, your online banking sessions and transactions are protected. When you access your bank's website or make online payments, Banking Protection activates and blocks all connections that are not necessary for online banking so that they cannot interfere with your confidential transactions.
To turn on Banking Protection:
- Open the product from the Windows Start
- On the Antivirus page, select Settings.
- Select Secure Browsing.
- Select Edit settings.
- Turn on Banking Protection.
- Clear Disconnect untrusted apps if you do not want Banking Protection to close your already open connections. If you leave the setting selected, Banking Protection closes your current internet connections except for trusted apps when it activates.
- Choose how you want Banking Protection to handle data that has been copied to your clipboard.
- By default, Clear the clipboard is selected and Banking Protection clears all data from the clipboard to protect your privacy when your Banking Protection session ends. Clear this setting if you do not want Banking Protection to clear your clipboard.
- If you have to use an external tool that is being blocked during your Banking Protection session, clear Disconnect command-line and scripting tools.
Note: We recommend that you keep this setting selected unless it is absolutely necessary, as some malware attacks can use built-in Windows components, such as PowerShell, to gain access to your banking credentials and personal information.
Note: Banking Protection requires that the Browsing Protection extension is turned on in the web browser that you use. Click here to learn how to enable the Browsing Protection Extension
Information on migrating your Metronet Defense account to F-Secure can be found HERE.