Effective March 21, 2022, Metronet will be
discontinuing the Metronet Defense product.
- Open the MetroNet Defense Password Manager app and select Passwords.
- Click the plus icon.
- The Add new window opens.
- Select Password.
- The Add new page opens.
- In the Title field, enter the name of the website or online service.
- Click on the globe symbol next to the Title field and choose one of the available symbols.
- Depending on the symbol you choose, the fields that follow may vary.
- If you want to choose a new color for the entry, click on the color next to the globe symbol.
- In the User name field, enter the user name that you use for the website or service.
- In the Password field, do one of the following:
- Create a password. We recommend using only strong passwords.
- Click the dice icon to let MetroNet Defense Password Manager generate a strong, random password for you. When you are satisfied with the password, click Use.
Note: Click the open eye icon if you want to view the password.
- In the Web address field, enter the web address (URL) of the log-in page of the online service.
Tip: Add the web address to your entry for quick access to the site. In the MetroNet Defense Password Manager main view, you can then click on your color-coded symbol to go directly to the website.
- In the Notes field, type in any additional information you may have.
- Click Save.
- The new credentials have now been added to MetroNet Defense Password Manager.
Important: If you change or generate a password in MetroNet Defense Password Manager, remember also to change your password in the web service or application.
In addition to passwords, you can also save social security numbers, credit card numbers, PIN & PUK codes, and WiFi and WLAN MetroNet Defense Password Managers as entries in MetroNet Defense Password Manager.
Information on migrating your Metronet Defense account to F-Secure can be found HERE.