Effective March 21, 2022, Metronet will be
discontinuing the Metronet Defense product.
- Open the MetroNet Defense Password Manager app.
- Tap the plus icon.
- The Add new window opens.
- Tap Password.
- The Add new page opens.
- In the Title field, give your entry a descriptive name.
- Tap the edit icon to select a background color and a symbol for your entry. Once done, confirm your selection by tapping the checkmark (or Done).
Note: Depending on the symbol you choose, the fields that follow may vary.
- In the Username field, enter the username that you use for the website or service.
- In the Password field, do one of the following:
- Create a password. We recommend using only strong passwords.
- Tap the dice icon to let MetroNet Defense Password Manager generate a strong, random password for you. When you are satisfied with the password, tap the checkmark (or Done).
Note: Tap the closed eye icon if you want to hide your password.
- In the Web address field, enter the web address (URL) of the log-in page of the online service.
Tip: Add the web address to your entry for quick access to the site. In the MetroNet Defense Password Manager main view, you can then click on your color-coded symbol to go directly to the website.
- In the Notes field, type in any additional information you may have.
- To save the entry, tap the checkmark (or Done).
- The new credentials have now been added to MetroNet Defense Password Manager.
Important: If you change or generate a password in MetroNet Defense Password Manager, remember also to change your password in the web service or application.
In addition to passwords, you can also save social security numbers, credit card numbers, PIN & PUK codes, and WiFi and WLAN as entries in MetroNet Defense Password Manager.
Information on migrating your Metronet Defense account to F-Secure can be found HERE.